Wallace Hall Primary Uniform
The basic colours for Wallace Hall Primary School are grey/navy/black trousers or skirts, navy blue sweatshirt and turquoise polo shirt. The school sweatshirts/Cardigans (£9.00) and polo shirts (£8.00) and jackets (£20) can be purchased from the school office.
They are comfortable and practical and provide a corporate identity for the pupils in school and on outings.
Children should wear a combination of:
• Polo shirt with sweatshirt/cardigan
• Formal school pinafores, shorts, trousers or skirts (all knee length) can be worn in grey, navy or black
• In summer checked dresses in the school blue or green can be worn
No hooded tops, denim, skinny trousers, football tops or scarves are permitted to be worn in school.
• Outdoor footwear should be black shoes or black trainers
• Wellingtons can be worn in winter or wet weather
(these can be kept in school if you prefer for your child to wear in the wooded area)
• Suitable trainers for indoor and outdoor PE
In the younger classes the children should be independent in changing their shoes so Velcro would be advisable until shoe laces can be tackled independently.
Our Pupil Council have decided that indoor shoes should not be worn as the time taken to change into them wastes valuable learning time.
The children can be outside in a range of weather so should come prepared for this;
• Waterproof jacket with hood
• Hats, scarves, gloves and caps which should be removed when entering the school
• In hot weather the children should also bring a cap to protect themselves from the sun
• Jewellery, if worn, should be restricted to a watch, plain ring and sleeper studs
• Children should be discouraged from wearing nail varnish
• Hair that is long enough should be tied back to prevent the spread of head lice
PE can take place inside or outside of school. Children can access the MUGA and playing fields in all weathers so it is important that they are prepared to go outside by having the following items in school;
• Long sport trousers (joggers / track suit)
• Shorts of a decent length (no denim)
• Long sleeved T-Shirt
• Short sleeved T-Shirt
• Outdoor trainers
This kit can be kept in a bag in the classroom and is encouraged to be taken home at regular intervals depending on use. Your child is provided with a blue shoe bag in school to store their PE kit.
All garments should have the child’s name clearly marked on them